Saturday, August 13, 2011

Where should and study kung fu in china and which styles would be best for me?

I've decided to go to china to study wushu and become a better more well rounded person but i dont know where to go and what to study. im 20 years old average build i played a lot of sports when i was younger im a piano major in college and i used to skateboard semi-professionally. I dont know what to choose between the various southern and northern styles and internal or external or where to study. I'm atheist yet im intrigued by taoism and buddhism that is integrated in the traditional teachings. i want to become more fit, healthier, and improve my self spiritually and emotionally in a traditional sense rather than contemporary wushu that has none of that. I also want something real and practical and have a teacher that doesnt mess around and will punish his stuents physically or whatever. all in all i want a traditional practical efficient style and place to train in kung fu that will improve me physically emotionally and spiritually and im looking to stay and study for many years. price is not a concern. please help!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment